New York News
NYC's Rat Island, 2 acres of rock, sells for $160K
NEW YORK (WABC) -- As far as private islands go, New York City's Rat Island isn't exactly luxurious. It's really just a pile of rocks that once housed quarantined typhoid patients.
But the island sold at auction Sunday for $160,000. Real estate agent Ozzie Crisalli says he doesn't know what the buyer has planned for it.
Rat Island is located off City Island in the Bronx. It boasts 360-degree views of the water and measures about 2 1/2 acres - during low tide.
new york city, bronx, real estate, new york news
- Man stabbed on 2 train in Bronx 13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Third grader killed in accident, truck driver charged 36 min ago
- President Obama says 2013 hasn't been so bad 1 min ago
- Teen dead, 2 sisters critical in Brooklyn fire
- Bronx fire leaves brothers dead, 3 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Deadly fire in the Bronx
- LI nativity theft being investagated as hate crime
- Bloomberg rides 7 train to station he helped build 15 min ago
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
- 9-year-old bowler in Florida tosses perfect 300
- Photos: Staten Island quintuplets through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos