New York News
NYC's Rat Island, 2 acres of rock, sells for $160K
NEW YORK (WABC) -- As far as private islands go, New York City's Rat Island isn't exactly luxurious. It's really just a pile of rocks that once housed quarantined typhoid patients.
But the island sold at auction Sunday for $160,000. Real estate agent Ozzie Crisalli says he doesn't know what the buyer has planned for it.
Rat Island is located off City Island in the Bronx. It boasts 360-degree views of the water and measures about 2 1/2 acres - during low tide.
new york city, bronx, real estate, new york news
- Malaysia Airlines plane vanishes with 239 aboard
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Kindergartener leaves school unnoticed in Morrisania
- Missing man found buried in nephew's backyard
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx
- Florida family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Exclusive: Mistaken identity arrest
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay
- Battling a third party energy company
- Carmen Berra, wife of Yogi Berra dies at 85
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos