New York News
Off-duty officer shot in East New York
EAST NEW YORK (WABC) -- An off-duty female officer got caught in the crossfire between two gunmen in the East New York section of Brooklyn on Monday afternoon.
The shooting happened around 4 p.m. along Linden Boulevard Pennsylvania Avenue.
Police said the officer was shot while driving in the parking lot of the Mcdonald's.
The officer was taken to Kings County Hospital. Her condition was not immediately released, but the injuries were described as not life-threatening.
The gunmen remained at large.
A large number of police vehicles remained on the scene looking for them, and for clues as to what happened.
COP SHOT has posted a $10,000 cash reward for information on the suspect(s) who allegedly shot the off-duty police officer in East New York.
Anyone with information about the shooting should call the organization's toll-free hotline, 1-800-COP-SHOT. All information will be kept strictly confidential. No names are taken and callers are issued an identification number.
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, crime, shooting, police officer shot, new york news
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos