New York News
Off-duty officer shot in East New York
EAST NEW YORK (WABC) -- An off-duty female officer got caught in the crossfire between two gunmen in the East New York section of Brooklyn on Monday afternoon.
The shooting happened around 4 p.m. along Linden Boulevard Pennsylvania Avenue.
Police said the officer was shot while driving in the parking lot of the Mcdonald's.
The officer was taken to Kings County Hospital. Her condition was not immediately released, but the injuries were described as not life-threatening.
The gunmen remained at large.
A large number of police vehicles remained on the scene looking for them, and for clues as to what happened.
COP SHOT has posted a $10,000 cash reward for information on the suspect(s) who allegedly shot the off-duty police officer in East New York.
Anyone with information about the shooting should call the organization's toll-free hotline, 1-800-COP-SHOT. All information will be kept strictly confidential. No names are taken and callers are issued an identification number.
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, crime, shooting, police officer shot, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 1 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks 42 min ago
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Firefighters respond to brush fire near JFK
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
1 min ago