New York News
More than $100k in iPads stolen from Best Buy
EAST NEW YORK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Four people broke into a Brooklyn Best Buy Store and stole over $100,000 worth of iPads in just under four minutes.
The break-in happened at around 4 a.m. Tuesday at the store in Gateway Plaza in East New York.
The burglars broke the front glass doors and pried open the security gate.
They then broke into two security cages in the manager's office where the Apple tablets were being stored.
The stolen iPads are worth a total of $112,000.
Some of the security cameras in the store weren't working at the time, but police are going through the ones that were.
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, new york news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash 54 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Photos: Weather whiplash
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather...
54 min ago