New York News
Search continues for groping suspects in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police say the man charged in Monday's sex attack in Brooklyn has admitted to groping other women, but they're not sure he is responsible for the string of attacks across the borough.
Adolfo Martinez, 26, has reportedly confessed to groping an 18-year-old woman in Sunset Park.
It turns out there was a bench warrant his arrest based on a similar assault in Chinatown in October 2007. In that case, Martinez missed two court appearances before the warrant was issued.
He was arrested late Tuesday near his Sunset Park apartment building, not far from the scene of the attack. Police say the distinctive boots he wore matched what they had seen on a surveillance video. And when he was taken into custody and his apartment searched, investigators reportedly found the sweater worn during the attack.
However, Martinez' brother claims the suspect has been working in Canada for the past six months and cannot be responsible for earlier attacks. Police are still looking at martinez as a suspect in the pattern of sexual assaults that started back on March 20 in Park Slope and quickly spread to nearby neighborhoods.
new york city, sex, sex crime, brooklyn, new york news
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Sharply Colder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Driver arrested after teens get drunk, trash party bus
- Photos: Teenagers trash party bus
- Photos released of man wanted for harassing teen Muslim girl
- NYPD to end Muslim surveillance program
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Jackie Robinson debut
- Miley Cyrus skips concert, is hospitalized
- Boston marks 1 year since deadly Marathon bombings
- Dog saved from burning home in Brooklyn by FDNY
- 13-year-old bystander shot in head in Brooklyn
- Baby found in Victoria's Secret bag died of asphyxia
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos