New York News
Search continues for groping suspects in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police say the man charged in Monday's sex attack in Brooklyn has admitted to groping other women, but they're not sure he is responsible for the string of attacks across the borough.
Adolfo Martinez, 26, has reportedly confessed to groping an 18-year-old woman in Sunset Park.
It turns out there was a bench warrant his arrest based on a similar assault in Chinatown in October 2007. In that case, Martinez missed two court appearances before the warrant was issued.
He was arrested late Tuesday near his Sunset Park apartment building, not far from the scene of the attack. Police say the distinctive boots he wore matched what they had seen on a surveillance video. And when he was taken into custody and his apartment searched, investigators reportedly found the sweater worn during the attack.
However, Martinez' brother claims the suspect has been working in Canada for the past six months and cannot be responsible for earlier attacks. Police are still looking at martinez as a suspect in the pattern of sexual assaults that started back on March 20 in Park Slope and quickly spread to nearby neighborhoods.
new york city, sex, sex crime, brooklyn, new york news
- AccuWeather: Snow, ice and rain for Saturday
- 7 On Your Side gets back $1-million dollars in 2013 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- 2,500 Fordham University applicants misled by email
- Mayor-elect de Blasio to visit White House 19 min ago
- Mega Millions hits $400M for Friday drawing 31 min ago
- Budget bill heads to the Senate 13 min ago
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Secret Sales: Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans and Photo Books
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees