New York News
2 men shot in East New York
EAST NEW YORK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Two men were shot in Brooklyn Thursday afternoon, one of them fatally.
It happened in front of 267 Ashford Street in East New York at 3:36 p.m.
A 50-year-old man was shot in the face and pronounced dead.
A 22-year-old man was shot once in the arm and taken to Brookdale University Hospital where he is in stable condition.
Police say there is nothing connecting the two men to each other so they are investigating if the 50-year-old man may be an innocent victim and not the intended target of the shooting.
"Im like the old man who dress in the suit and has the bible all the time. I'm like oh my god. Not him!" said Monique Ratliff, a resident.
So far there are no arrests.
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, shooting, new york news
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97