New York News
2 men shot in East New York
EAST NEW YORK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Two men were shot in Brooklyn Thursday afternoon, one of them fatally.
It happened in front of 267 Ashford Street in East New York at 3:36 p.m.
A 50-year-old man was shot in the face and pronounced dead.
A 22-year-old man was shot once in the arm and taken to Brookdale University Hospital where he is in stable condition.
Police say there is nothing connecting the two men to each other so they are investigating if the 50-year-old man may be an innocent victim and not the intended target of the shooting.
"Im like the old man who dress in the suit and has the bible all the time. I'm like oh my god. Not him!" said Monique Ratliff, a resident.
So far there are no arrests.
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, shooting, new york news
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Freight train, truck collide in West Nyack
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- Photos: Long Island Rail Road massacre
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Robinson Cano to sign with Mariners
- Photos: Robinson Cano through the years
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos