New York News
2 men shot in East New York
EAST NEW YORK, Brooklyn (WABC) -- Two men were shot in Brooklyn Thursday afternoon, one of them fatally.
It happened in front of 267 Ashford Street in East New York at 3:36 p.m.
A 50-year-old man was shot in the face and pronounced dead.
A 22-year-old man was shot once in the arm and taken to Brookdale University Hospital where he is in stable condition.
Police say there is nothing connecting the two men to each other so they are investigating if the 50-year-old man may be an innocent victim and not the intended target of the shooting.
"Im like the old man who dress in the suit and has the bible all the time. I'm like oh my god. Not him!" said Monique Ratliff, a resident.
So far there are no arrests.
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, shooting, new york news
- At least 2 dead, 30 hurt in East Harlem explosion 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Some Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion 1 min ago
- Video: Emergency personnel investigating East...
- Video: How will the East Harlem explosion affect...
- Video: Building explosion rattles East Harlem
- Video: De Blasio: Gas leak complaint came in 15...
- Video: Residents near East Harlem explosion...
- Video: Woman hears East Harlem Explosion, thought...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination