New York News
Another arrest made in string of gropings in Brooklyn
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Police say a second suspect has been apprehended in a pattern of sex crimes in Brooklyn.
Authorities say the suspect, 32-year-old Joshua Flecha, of Queens, was spotted by officers walking in the street in a suspicious manner at 2:30 a.m. Monday and then again at 3:15 a.m.
Flecha was reportedly walking slowly along a line parked cars. Suspecting that he might be attempting to break into one of the vehicles, officers approached Flecha on foot and instructed him to put his hands on one of the parked cars. He was found to be in possession of marijuana.
The officers noticed that Flecha bore a resemblance to the suspect sketch in a forcible touching incident in May.
Police say Flecha also had a cell phone in his hand, on which a pornographic video was playing, and his pants were unzipped.
Flecha was arrested for criminal possession of marijuana, and he was later picked out of a lineup at Brooklyn Special Victims as the assailant in an incident at about 9 p.m. on May 7. In that incident, a male matching Flecha's description approached a 37-year-old woman as she swiped her Metro Card at the 8th Avenue entrance to the F train. The suspect grabbed her breasts, exposed himself and touched himself inappropriately.
Additional lineups in connection with other incidents in the pattern are being conducted.
Adolfo Martinez, 26, was arrested October 11 and charged with third-degree forcible touching and sexual abuse stemming from an incident October 10. Martinez allegedly approached an 18-year-old woman, grabbed her buttocks from behind and then fled. Martinez has admitted to similar acts but claimed he could not recall where they had occurred.
Police say the pattern of sex crimes in Brooklyn includes incidents beginning March 11 through October 13 and may involve as many as four separate suspects.
new york city, sex, sex crime, brooklyn, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster 7 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway 41 min ago
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time 25 min ago
- Malaysian plane mystery continues 24 min ago
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video 22 min ago
- 5 injured when car crashes into Bronx store 41 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Missing Brooklyn boy found safe on subway
41 min ago
- Oheka Castle owner speaks out in video
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
7 min ago