New York News
Man who allegedly bit cab driver's ear arrested
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man accused of attacking a cab driver by biting his ear is under arrest.
Police say 40-year-old Haroon Rashid was also choked and punched when the passenger tried to stiff him over a $7 fare.
Rashid claims that when he told police, they let the passenger go and threatened to arrest him.
Tuesday night, 42-year-old Francisco Solano was charged with assault.
Cabbies say there is a citywide pattern of police ignoring their complaints.
new york city, cab drivers, assault, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- AccuWeather: Record Warmth
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes 20 min ago
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- Knicks lose to Grizzlies, 95-87
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall