New York News
Man who allegedly bit cab driver's ear arrested
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A man accused of attacking a cab driver by biting his ear is under arrest.
Police say 40-year-old Haroon Rashid was also choked and punched when the passenger tried to stiff him over a $7 fare.
Rashid claims that when he told police, they let the passenger go and threatened to arrest him.
Tuesday night, 42-year-old Francisco Solano was charged with assault.
Cabbies say there is a citywide pattern of police ignoring their complaints.
new york city, cab drivers, assault, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 2 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Brooklyn shooting leaves 4 boys wounded
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
2 min ago