New York News
Police: Man fatally stabs ex, then attacks her kids
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police say a woman was fatally stabbed to death by her ex-boyfriend, who then attacked her two teenage daughters in her Queens apartment.
Authorities say the 48-year-old victim was attacked inside her apartment on Beach 96th Street in Far Rockaway sometime after 4 a.m. Thursday.
She was stabbed in the abdomen and rushed to Peninsula General Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The ex-boyfriend then allegedly assaulted her two teenage daughters, ages 15 and 16. The 15-year-old was reportedly slashed in the face. The 16-year-old is pregnant.
Both were rushed to Peninsula General Hospital, where they were treated and released.
Detectives are looking for the 53-year-old suspect, identified as Charlie Mitchell.
Mitchell moved out of the victim's apartment one month ago.
new york city, far rockaway, queens, stabbing, murder, new york news
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- AccuWeather: March roller coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year-old Brooklyn boy
- 4-year closure of Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp begins
- Search continues for missing plane; 2 flew on stolen passports
- UWS street to be renamed after 4-year-old Ariel Russo
- Success Academy parents to sue in charter school fight 43 min ago
- Obama to meet with Ukraine prime minister Wednesday 27 min ago
- NY-native bank robbery suspect nabbed after selfies 5 min ago
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos