New York News
Police: Man fatally stabs ex, then attacks her kids
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police say a woman was fatally stabbed to death by her ex-boyfriend, who then attacked her two teenage daughters in her Queens apartment.
Authorities say the 48-year-old victim was attacked inside her apartment on Beach 96th Street in Far Rockaway sometime after 4 a.m. Thursday.
She was stabbed in the abdomen and rushed to Peninsula General Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The ex-boyfriend then allegedly assaulted her two teenage daughters, ages 15 and 16. The 15-year-old was reportedly slashed in the face. The 16-year-old is pregnant.
Both were rushed to Peninsula General Hospital, where they were treated and released.
Detectives are looking for the 53-year-old suspect, identified as Charlie Mitchell.
Mitchell moved out of the victim's apartment one month ago.
new york city, far rockaway, queens, stabbing, murder, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 4 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 40 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos