New York News
Woman acquitted of murdering husband out on bail
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Queens woman acquitted on charges she murdered her ex-cop husband is finally free on bail after spending the weekend on Rikers Island.
Eyewitness News has learned that a judge ordered bail restored for Barbara Sheehan Monday morning.
She was found not guilty of murdering her husband after suffering years of domestic abuse, but was convicted on a weapons charge.
She will be allowed to stay out of jail, pending her appeal.
Sheehan is supposed to be sentenced on the weapons conviction next month. Even so, she will not have to report to prison until the appeal is resolved.
new york city, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 37 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 12 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games 2 min ago
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- Woman charged in fatal hit and run in Hempstead
- Camilla Parker Bowles' brother Mark Shand dies in NYC
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos