New York News
Woman acquitted of murdering husband out on bail
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Queens woman acquitted on charges she murdered her ex-cop husband is finally free on bail after spending the weekend on Rikers Island.
Eyewitness News has learned that a judge ordered bail restored for Barbara Sheehan Monday morning.
She was found not guilty of murdering her husband after suffering years of domestic abuse, but was convicted on a weapons charge.
She will be allowed to stay out of jail, pending her appeal.
Sheehan is supposed to be sentenced on the weapons conviction next month. Even so, she will not have to report to prison until the appeal is resolved.
new york city, new york news
- Hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos