New York News
Pedestrian fatally struck by 2 vehicles in hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A pedestrian was fatally struck by two vehicles, one of which fled the scene, in the Morrisania section of the Bronx late Monday.
Police say the 43-year-old pedestrian, identified as Ronald Simpson, was struck by a livery car at the intersection of 3rd Avenue and East 163rd Street just before 11 p.m.
That vehicle did not stop.
Another vehicle, a private sanitation truck, then struck the victim as he lay on the street.
The truck driver stopped at the scene, and no criminality was expected.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead.
Detectives were looking for the livery car and its driver.
new york city, bronx, morrisania, pedestrian struck, hit and run accident, new york news
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent 45 min ago
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables amid carriage horse debate
- New measure to make child care more affordable
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite 20 min ago
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Rangers top Red Wings 3-0 in Lundqvist's 300th win
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
9 min ago