New York News
Pedestrian fatally struck by 2 vehicles in hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A pedestrian was fatally struck by two vehicles, one of which fled the scene, in the Morrisania section of the Bronx late Monday.
Police say the 43-year-old pedestrian, identified as Ronald Simpson, was struck by a livery car at the intersection of 3rd Avenue and East 163rd Street just before 11 p.m.
That vehicle did not stop.
Another vehicle, a private sanitation truck, then struck the victim as he lay on the street.
The truck driver stopped at the scene, and no criminality was expected.
The pedestrian was pronounced dead.
Detectives were looking for the livery car and its driver.
new york city, bronx, morrisania, pedestrian struck, hit and run accident, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory 45 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Nelson Mandela memorial set for Tuesday in Soweto
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- Wintry mix causes slick roads, massive pileup
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream 11 min ago
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Bronx River Parkway crash
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Winter Weather Advisory
45 min ago