New York News
Rape suspect threatened victim with hammer
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police in Brooklyn are searching for a sexual predator who raped a teenage girl after threatening her with a hammer.
On Monday, April 9 at approximately 12:40 a.m., an 18-year-old girl was approached by the suspect who displayed a hammer, threatened to hit her and demanded oral sex.
The suspect then forced the victim to the back alley where he raped her, and then fled the scene. The victim was then taken to Woodhull Hospital.
The suspect is said to be a black male with a light complexion who is between the ages of 20-22 and is 5'8" and weighs 150 pounds.
He was last seen wearing a black Rich Yung cap, a hoodie, dark jeans, a dark jean jacket, red, white and black sneakers, black framed glasses and a North Face black backpack.
Anyone with information in regard to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
The public can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting their tips to 274637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
All calls are strictly confidential.
new york city, brooklyn, rape, new york news
- Weather puts damper on Coney Island businesses 21 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds 4 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest made in Charles Butler case 20 min ago
- Weather puts damper on start of holiday weekend
- Brooklyn Bridge reopens after car fire 7 min ago
- Residents protest bike sharing program
- Bruins eliminate Rangers with 3-1 win in Game 5
- Long Island 'Hot Dog Hooker' arrested again
- Christie and Snooki face off at Jersey shore
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- abcnews: Cruise Passenger Bill of Rights Introduced
- Photos: Kickoff to a Long Island Summer photos
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain and clouds
4 min ago