New York News
Manhole fires cause brief scare in Midtown
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Fire officials in Manhattan Tuesday night investigated several manhole explosions in Midtown.
Three manhole covers flew open at around 6 p.m. near 10th Avenue and West 54th Street.
Newscopter 7 was over the scene as firefighters blocked off the area.
No one was hurt, but some nearby buildings were temporarily evacuated as a precaution.
new york city, midtown, explosion, fire, new york news
- At least 3 dead, 69 hurt in East Harlem explosion
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Two East Harlem explosion victims identified
- Survivors describe explosion in East Harlem
- Dozens homeless after East Harlem buildings destroyed
- Video: 2 men describe pulling child out of rubble
- Investigators focus on an old cast-iron gas pipeline
- Video: East Harlem Explosion on social media
- Video: Damage throughout neighborhood after East...
- raw video: Viewer video from East Harlem explosion site
- Metro-North service restored after East Harlem explosion
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape