New York News
Boys hurt in hit and run; drag racing to blame?
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Two 12-year-old boys riding on a bicycle were struck by a hit-and-run driver who was apparently drag racing in Brooklyn Tuesday night.
Police say the boys were riding on East 4th Street and Avenue S in the Gravesend section when they were struck just after 10 p.m.
It appears the boys were on the same bike, with one of them riding on pegs.
The vehicle that struck the boys fled the scene.
One of the boys was rushed to Lutheran Hospital with a cerebral hemorrhage. He is listed in critical condition.
The other child suffered leg injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
new york city, brooklyn, hit and run accident, drag racing, new york news
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine 50 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Joe Torre's daughter catches child from awning
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx
- Leonia firehouse reopens after sex assault
- UFT endorses Thompson for NYC mayor
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Upstate NY men accused of trying to make X-ray weapon
- Body found near Patriot's home was homicide victim
- Whistle-blower taped guards sleeping at JFK airport
- Photos: James Gandolfini through the years 26 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2013
- AccuWeather Forecast: More sunshine
50 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos