New York News
Boys hurt in hit and run; drag racing to blame?
BROOKLYN (WABC) -- Two 12-year-old boys riding on a bicycle were struck by a hit-and-run driver who was apparently drag racing in Brooklyn Tuesday night.
Police say the boys were riding on East 4th Street and Avenue S in the Gravesend section when they were struck just after 10 p.m.
It appears the boys were on the same bike, with one of them riding on pegs.
The vehicle that struck the boys fled the scene.
One of the boys was rushed to Lutheran Hospital with a cerebral hemorrhage. He is listed in critical condition.
The other child suffered leg injuries.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
new york city, brooklyn, hit and run accident, drag racing, new york news
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy
- Man found shot to death in Bronx apartment
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Crash on Garden State Parkway leaves 1 dead, 2 hurt
- Liam Neeson to tour stables in NYC carriage horse debate
- Sen. Rand Paul wins CPAC presidential straw poll
- Viewpoint on WABC-TV
- Here and Now
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Up Close with Diana Williams