New York News
Woman attacked in East Village
EAST VILLAGE (WABC) -- Police are looking for a sexual predator in the East Village.
Investigators say the man captured in surveillance video followed a woman into her apartment early Sunday morning, pushed her to the ground and tried to rape her.
The attack happened along First Avenue.
The 27-year-old victim fought him off.
The suspect is a white man in his mid to late 20s, about five foot nine, 170-pounds.
Anyone with information in regards to this missing is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS. You can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, east village, crime, sex crime, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey