New York News
Man, 87, fatally struck by police cruiser in Brooklyn
BROWNSVILLE (WABC) -- An elderly man was fatally struck by an NYPD traffic agent's police cruiser in the Brownsville section of Brooklyn early Friday.
Police say the 87-year-old man apparently stepped onto Eastern Parkway when he was hit by the cruiser around 7:20 a.m.
He was pronounced dead at Brookdale University Hospital.
Detectives are investigating the crash as an accident.
new york city, brooklyn, brownsville, pedestrian struck, new york news
- 1 dead in Midtown fire; Fire truck crash injures 2
- AccuWeather: Gorgeous day, then weather whiplash
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- 90-minute delays after LIRR service suspension 47 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam subpoenas withdrawn 5 min ago
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn; 9 hurt
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Man with stolen passport on jet was asylum seeker
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Queens attempted luring suspect taken into custody
- Call released after Oregon couple calls 911 on pet cat
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians 50 min ago
- Ex-Christie aides want traffic jam...
5 min ago