New York News
Suspects sought in subway robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are asking for help identifying two suspects wanted for four robberies at two subway stations in Midtown.
Police say the suspects, captured in the surveillance photos, have targeted four women at the 7th Avenue and 53rd Street stations in the last two weeks.
In the first incident, the suspects approached a 22-year-old woman at the platform of the West 53rd Street and 7th Avenue station on October 24th as she waited for the Uptown B train, forcibly snatched her cell phone and fled, police say.
In the second, the victim was a 27-year-old woman who police say was riding southbound on the E train on October 26th when the suspects approached her at the 7th Avenue station and also stole her cell phone.
On Halloween, the suspects struck for the third time. Police say this time the suspects approached a 40-year-old woman as she was riding southbound on the E train, snatched her iPod Touch and fled the 7th Avenue station.The suspects struck again on Tuesday also at the 7th Avenue station and stole a cell phone from a 36-year-old woman as she rode southbound on the E train. The first suspect is described as a dark male in his 20's, about six-feet tall and 180 lbs. He was seen wearing a sweatshirt with either a grey or green hood.
The second suspect is 16 or 17-years-old, about six-feet tall and around 160-170 lbs. He was wearing a blue or red baseball cap.
Anyone with information in regards to any of these robberies is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, subway, subway crime, midtown, robbery, crime, new york news
- NYPD officer charged with DWI after shooting partner 9 min ago
- AccuWeather: Windy and cool
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Forest fire burning in NJ; Evacuations ordered 8 min ago
- Yanks pitcher Michael Pineda suspended 10 games
- 9-year-old dies in 26-story fall from Bronx high-rise
- Carlstadt fire guts post office; 2 firefighters hurt
- Photos: Carlstadt post office fire
- 14.5 pound baby born in Boston
- 2 injured in elevator accident in Manhattan building
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Tavern on the Green reopens in Central Park Thursday
- Photos: Sneak peek inside the new Tavern on the Green
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos