New York News
Suspects sought in subway robberies
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police are asking for help identifying two suspects wanted for four robberies at two subway stations in Midtown.
Police say the suspects, captured in the surveillance photos, have targeted four women at the 7th Avenue and 53rd Street stations in the last two weeks.
In the first incident, the suspects approached a 22-year-old woman at the platform of the West 53rd Street and 7th Avenue station on October 24th as she waited for the Uptown B train, forcibly snatched her cell phone and fled, police say.
In the second, the victim was a 27-year-old woman who police say was riding southbound on the E train on October 26th when the suspects approached her at the 7th Avenue station and also stole her cell phone.
On Halloween, the suspects struck for the third time. Police say this time the suspects approached a 40-year-old woman as she was riding southbound on the E train, snatched her iPod Touch and fled the 7th Avenue station.The suspects struck again on Tuesday also at the 7th Avenue station and stole a cell phone from a 36-year-old woman as she rode southbound on the E train. The first suspect is described as a dark male in his 20's, about six-feet tall and 180 lbs. He was seen wearing a sweatshirt with either a grey or green hood.
The second suspect is 16 or 17-years-old, about six-feet tall and around 160-170 lbs. He was wearing a blue or red baseball cap.
Anyone with information in regards to any of these robberies is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS.
new york city, subway, subway crime, midtown, robbery, crime, new york news
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer stretch arrives
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Elderly pedestrian hit by two cars in Harlem
- LI burglary foiled by man watching on webcam in China
- GWB repair work will close upper level lanes
- Long Island driver charged with DWI in hit and run
- Target offers discount, free credit monitoring after data breach 28 min ago
- Pan Am 103 bombing anniversary marked by memorials 47 min ago
- Photos: Pan Am 103 bombing
- NASA astronauts make spacewalk for urgent repairs
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil Robertson's hiatus 54 min ago
- Photos: Fatal shooting at the Short Hills Mall
- 4 arrested in deadly NJ mall carjacking
14 min ago