New York News
Elderly woman beaten with wooden plank in Midtown
MIDTOWN (WABC) -- A homeless man is under arrest after police say he beat an elderly woman with a wooden plank described as a two-by-four.
It happened Saturday at 6 p.m. in front of 149 East 39th Street in Midtown.
When police arrived they found a 74-year-old woman who had been beaten.
Police say she was bleeding from her head and had bruises all over her body.
Police say the victim was approached by a homeless man who beat her with a piece of wood.
The victim was taken to Bellevue Hospital where she is being treated for head and arm injuries.
Andre Lineaux, 51, was arrested and is charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
new york city, midtown, homeless, assault, new york news
- Jersey City main breaks; boil water advisory in effect 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 10 hurt when NJ Transit bus, cab collide in Newark
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark
- Annual 'Pokey,' 'Schleppie' awards for MTA bus service 38 min ago
- Rangel announces run for 23rd term 36 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- US-India relations chilled over diplomat arrest in NYC
- Bronx cell phone store robber caught on camera
- Georgia winner of Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013