New York News
Elderly woman beaten with wooden plank in Midtown
MIDTOWN (WABC) -- A homeless man is under arrest after police say he beat an elderly woman with a wooden plank described as a two-by-four.
It happened Saturday at 6 p.m. in front of 149 East 39th Street in Midtown.
When police arrived they found a 74-year-old woman who had been beaten.
Police say she was bleeding from her head and had bruises all over her body.
Police say the victim was approached by a homeless man who beat her with a piece of wood.
The victim was taken to Bellevue Hospital where she is being treated for head and arm injuries.
Andre Lineaux, 51, was arrested and is charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
new york city, midtown, homeless, assault, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- South Brunswick elderly couple robbed and scammed
- Store workers fight back during Bushwick robbery
- Fort Lee students to make up snow days
- Boy, 2, found with heroin at Paterson day care center
- Pharmacists accused in HIV medication scam
- Ferry service to resume between Haverstraw, Ossining
- Malaysia plane changed direction, military says
- Obama, in NYC for fundraising trip, shops at Gap
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- LI hospital warns of possible blood...
16 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
51 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos