New York News
Elderly woman beaten with wooden plank in Midtown
MIDTOWN (WABC) -- A homeless man is under arrest after police say he beat an elderly woman with a wooden plank described as a two-by-four.
It happened Saturday at 6 p.m. in front of 149 East 39th Street in Midtown.
When police arrived they found a 74-year-old woman who had been beaten.
Police say she was bleeding from her head and had bruises all over her body.
Police say the victim was approached by a homeless man who beat her with a piece of wood.
The victim was taken to Bellevue Hospital where she is being treated for head and arm injuries.
Andre Lineaux, 51, was arrested and is charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon.
new york city, midtown, homeless, assault, new york news
- Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
- AccuWeather: Warm And Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Survivors search nearly done after Oklahoma tornado
- FBI shoots man possibly linked to Boston bomb suspects,...
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Firebomb may have been used on police captain's home
- Connecticut rail service returns to normal
- Belmar reopens boardwalk destroyed by Sandy 38 min ago
- Funeral to be held Wednesday for slain Hofstra student
- Garcia apologizes for "fried chicken" remark about Tiger
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma