New York News
Police make arrest in deadly Queens hit and run
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Police have arrested a suspect in relation to a deadly hit and run in Queens.
George Gibbons was struck and killed on a Long Island Expressway service road in Maspeth.
Police say Peter Rodriguez was arrested in Connecticut Tuesday morning.
Rodriguez will be in court for an extradition hearing and will then face charges in Queens either Wednesday or Thursday.
new york city, maspeth, queens, hit and run accident, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos