New York News
Designer event for homelessness and AIDS
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Everybody loves a deal and you can get the chance to buy designer clothes at a deep discount at an upcoming event. The money goes to those in need.
Here in New York City, 107,000 PEOPLE are living with HIV. It is estimated that thousands do not know they are infected.
There's an organization that helps them in many ways, and beginning Wednesday, you can help that organization by shopping.
Housing Works seeks to help New Yorkers living with HIV and AIDs. Thrift shops (a dozen in all) in Brooklyn and Manhattan help raise money for the training programs and residences, but Housing Works gets an added boost from big sale events, like Fashion for Action.
Fashion for Action begins Wednesday night. It's the VIP night, but for ABC viewers, you can buy a ticket for the event at half off for $75.
For more information, visit http://www.housingworks.org/fundraising/701C0000000cr8d
new york city, fashion, aids, hiv, homeless, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Queens hit and run leaves pedestrian dead
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Man found fatally stabbed in Williamsburg
- Bratton to join Sharpton at rally in Harlem 42 min ago
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Long Island Rail Road massacre, 20 years later
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela 10 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
10 min ago