New York News
Designer event for homelessness and AIDS
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Everybody loves a deal and you can get the chance to buy designer clothes at a deep discount at an upcoming event. The money goes to those in need.
Here in New York City, 107,000 PEOPLE are living with HIV. It is estimated that thousands do not know they are infected.
There's an organization that helps them in many ways, and beginning Wednesday, you can help that organization by shopping.
Housing Works seeks to help New Yorkers living with HIV and AIDs. Thrift shops (a dozen in all) in Brooklyn and Manhattan help raise money for the training programs and residences, but Housing Works gets an added boost from big sale events, like Fashion for Action.
Fashion for Action begins Wednesday night. It's the VIP night, but for ABC viewers, you can buy a ticket for the event at half off for $75.
For more information, visit http://www.housingworks.org/fundraising/701C0000000cr8d
new york city, fashion, aids, hiv, homeless, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 40 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl 38 min ago
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport 48 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse 49 min ago
- Missing plane sent signals to satellite for hours
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- Two women hold top 2 spots in Newark Police Department
- Former Gov. Jon Corzine's son dies
- Photos: $2.35 million 'Modern Family' home for sale