New York News
Designer event for homelessness and AIDS
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Everybody loves a deal and you can get the chance to buy designer clothes at a deep discount at an upcoming event. The money goes to those in need.
Here in New York City, 107,000 PEOPLE are living with HIV. It is estimated that thousands do not know they are infected.
There's an organization that helps them in many ways, and beginning Wednesday, you can help that organization by shopping.
Housing Works seeks to help New Yorkers living with HIV and AIDs. Thrift shops (a dozen in all) in Brooklyn and Manhattan help raise money for the training programs and residences, but Housing Works gets an added boost from big sale events, like Fashion for Action.
Fashion for Action begins Wednesday night. It's the VIP night, but for ABC viewers, you can buy a ticket for the event at half off for $75.
For more information, visit http://www.housingworks.org/fundraising/701C0000000cr8d
new york city, fashion, aids, hiv, homeless, new york news, lauren glassberg
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire 52 min ago
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn 46 min ago
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction 39 min ago
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park