New York News
OWS protester held on bail after Macy's threat
NEW YORK -- A defense lawyer says an Occupy Wall Street demonstrator seen on video discussing attacking Macy's with a Molotov cocktail was just talking about something he wasn't going to do.
Nkrumah Tinsley was being held on $25,000 bond after his arraignment Thursday. He's charged with making a terroristic threat.
The 29-year-old was arrested Wednesday. Online video showed him saying protesters were going "to burn this city" amid protests planned Thursday. He also mentioned attacking Macy's.
Defense lawyer Pierre Sussman says the college student's remarks were just "bluster" and an exercise of free-speech rights.
But Manhattan Assistant District Attorney John "Artie" McConnell says Tinsley is "abusing his First Amendment right."
Tinsley's also charged with assaulting a police officer while protesting Oct. 26.
You can watch the Youtube video here (Warning: Explicit language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilq_66LnRaw
new york city, wall street protest, new york news
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday 25 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K 29 min ago
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority 38 min ago
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run 46 min ago
- Photo released of Queens bank robbery suspect
- Newtown to DC bike ride to push for gun control
- Mom accused of driving into surf with kids goes to court
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Americans on board missing flight ID'd
49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
25 min ago