New York News
OWS protester held on bail after Macy's threat
NEW YORK -- A defense lawyer says an Occupy Wall Street demonstrator seen on video discussing attacking Macy's with a Molotov cocktail was just talking about something he wasn't going to do.
Nkrumah Tinsley was being held on $25,000 bond after his arraignment Thursday. He's charged with making a terroristic threat.
The 29-year-old was arrested Wednesday. Online video showed him saying protesters were going "to burn this city" amid protests planned Thursday. He also mentioned attacking Macy's.
Defense lawyer Pierre Sussman says the college student's remarks were just "bluster" and an exercise of free-speech rights.
But Manhattan Assistant District Attorney John "Artie" McConnell says Tinsley is "abusing his First Amendment right."
Tinsley's also charged with assaulting a police officer while protesting Oct. 26.
You can watch the Youtube video here (Warning: Explicit language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilq_66LnRaw
new york city, wall street protest, new york news
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx 32 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 42 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Jersey City water main break isolated; Water back on 10 min ago
- Twin babies tossed from fire in Bronx apartment 23 min ago
- LI tanker crash sends fireball into the sky
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Bloomberg delivers last major speech at Mayor
- Photos: Massive car pileup on Gowanus Expressway
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest 15 min ago
- Blind man and dog rescued will stay together 27 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
42 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos