New York News
OWS protester held on bail after Macy's threat
NEW YORK -- A defense lawyer says an Occupy Wall Street demonstrator seen on video discussing attacking Macy's with a Molotov cocktail was just talking about something he wasn't going to do.
Nkrumah Tinsley was being held on $25,000 bond after his arraignment Thursday. He's charged with making a terroristic threat.
The 29-year-old was arrested Wednesday. Online video showed him saying protesters were going "to burn this city" amid protests planned Thursday. He also mentioned attacking Macy's.
Defense lawyer Pierre Sussman says the college student's remarks were just "bluster" and an exercise of free-speech rights.
But Manhattan Assistant District Attorney John "Artie" McConnell says Tinsley is "abusing his First Amendment right."
Tinsley's also charged with assaulting a police officer while protesting Oct. 26.
You can watch the Youtube video here (Warning: Explicit language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilq_66LnRaw
new york city, wall street protest, new york news
- Car fire causing lane closures on the LIE 18 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 33 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack
- Queens businessman kidnapped and tortured
- Operation Swill: cheap booze in premium liquor bottles
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale
- abcnews: Man Shot by FBI Was About to Sign Murder...
- OTRC: 'Man of Steel' trailer, with General Zod
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
33 min ago