New York News
Pilot trapped in bathroom leads to security scare
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A security scare that started when a Delta Airlines pilot got trapped in his jet's bathroom ended with an emergency landing.
The plane was headed for LaGuardia Airport on Wednesday evening.
The pilot got the attention of a passenger and gave him the cockpit door security code so he could alert the co-pilot.
But the co-pilot was alarmed by the passenger's heavy foreign accent.
That led to an emergency landing at LaGuardia, with the FBI waiting.
The trapped pilot got free in time to settle things down just before fighter jets were scrambled.
new york city, laguardia airport, emergency landing, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park