New York News
Man attacked on subway for protecting woman
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 25-year-old confronted an angry man who'd acted disrespectfully towards a woman on the train, actually spitting on her.
When the 25-year-old stepped in to stand up for that woman, he suddenly found himself under attack.
With the attackers still on the loose, Eyewitness News is hiding his identity.
"They're punching me, kicking me, there were three people there. Crazy situation, I couldn't take them on myself," the victim said.
And while the 25-year-old man tried to fight his way out of the sudden attack, another passenger aimed a cell phone camera
"My jaw was hurt, black eye, nose hurts, makes a clicking sound," the victim said.
And what also hurts, he says, is that no one, not one passenger aboard the L train, came to his aid.
"At least do something to help, they laughed, like this is entertainment. How can they be laughing at such brutality," the victim said.
He first hoped the attackers would be thrown in jail.
Now, he thinks that instead of potentially learning more cruelty, what they really need is a lesson in kindness.
"A lot better if they were made to help the community, learn that there's a better way to living than the way they're living right now," the victim said.
He's talking to the police, and his own mother is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.
new york city, subway crime, subway, new york news, jamie roth
- Teacher charged with rape of student in the Bronx 30 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Comfortable
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Man shot multiple times in Nassau County
- At least 6 hurt when car jumps curb in East Village 52 min ago
- TWA Flight 800 crash investigators want new probe
- Woman allegedly kicks police dog in teeth
- American Medical Association calling obesity a disease 4 min ago
- Men's Warehouse fires founder/spokesman George Zimmer
- Paula Deen says she used slur but doesn't tolerate hate 8 min ago
- Natura recalls all brands of dry pet food
- Slim Whitman, country singer, dies
- Photos: Most endangered historic places
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos