New York News
Man attacked on subway for protecting woman
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 25-year-old confronted an angry man who'd acted disrespectfully towards a woman on the train, actually spitting on her.
When the 25-year-old stepped in to stand up for that woman, he suddenly found himself under attack.
With the attackers still on the loose, Eyewitness News is hiding his identity.
"They're punching me, kicking me, there were three people there. Crazy situation, I couldn't take them on myself," the victim said.
And while the 25-year-old man tried to fight his way out of the sudden attack, another passenger aimed a cell phone camera
"My jaw was hurt, black eye, nose hurts, makes a clicking sound," the victim said.
And what also hurts, he says, is that no one, not one passenger aboard the L train, came to his aid.
"At least do something to help, they laughed, like this is entertainment. How can they be laughing at such brutality," the victim said.
He first hoped the attackers would be thrown in jail.
Now, he thinks that instead of potentially learning more cruelty, what they really need is a lesson in kindness.
"A lot better if they were made to help the community, learn that there's a better way to living than the way they're living right now," the victim said.
He's talking to the police, and his own mother is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.
new york city, subway crime, subway, new york news, jamie roth
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead 37 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Photos: Bus, taxi collide in Newark 52 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach 13 min ago
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Most Fascinating People of 2013 revealed 46 min ago
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013 47 min ago
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved...
13 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
37 min ago