New York News
From make-up queen to modeling
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Cindy Joseph spent a quarter century as a make-up artist on top models.
So imagine what it was like to get discovered as a model 12 years ago.
In 1999, at the age of 49, Cindy was approached on the street by a casting agent to model for Dolce and Gabbana photographed by Steven Meisel.
She wore no make-up for that first shoot and it ignited her modeling career. She is now a Ford Model, showing the beauty of being 61.
Joseph has her own make-up line that she says is the antithesis to what's already out there. It's called Boom.
There are four products so far, including a cream made with honey in Hawaii and "Boomsticks" designed to bring out the "glow" in your skin.
None of the products hide who you are because this former make-up artist turned model and entrepreneur isn't about hiding your age, but embracing it.
For more information, visit www.boombycindyjoseph.com.
new york city, modeling, fashion, new york news, lauren glassberg
- I-5 bridge collapses into Skagit River 33 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues 31 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Actress Amanda Bynes arrested in Midtown
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding 57 min ago
- Officer arrested in firebombing of captain's home
- Jury deadlocked on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy attacked by another on city bus, video
- Woman arrested in shooting death of Jersey City boy 53 min ago
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid 48 min ago
- Rangers stay alive with OT goal against Bruins
- abcnews: 'Extremely Active' Potential For Hurricane...
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Anthony Weiner starts stumping in mayoral bid
48 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rain continues
31 min ago
- Heavy rain sparks flash flooding
57 min ago