New York News
Lady Gaga workshop opens at Barney's
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Who better to cut the ribbon for Gaga's new holiday workshop at Barney's than Lady Gaga herself?
This is not your average Santa's workshop. Pieces on the store's fifth floor are edgy, unique, and all inspired by the pop diva.
"Everything has a piece of gaga in it," says Dennis Freedman, the creative director at Barney's. "That' what makes it so special."
There are Gaga cookies and confections. Her chocolate shoes go for $95. The real ones cost four thousand.
If you're looking to get something for the person on your list with everything, they probably don't have a $395 wax candle bust of Lady Gaga.
For $295, you can splurge on a pair of spike eyeglasses. They might actually block some of your vision, but nothing should stand before fashion. And, you can buy them with matching baby leather jackets for $495.
Of course, it wouldn't be Christmas without a Lady Gaga snow globe. It costs $95.
If you need a new stocking to hold all your new purchases, marketers thought of that too and made Gaga-inspired stockings for the fireplace.
Barney's is hoping the pop diva will draw her many fans to the store and boost sales during tough economic times. But there is also a charitable side to retail. Twenty-five percent of all sales here will go to Gaga's new charity, Born This Way, to help fight bullying.
new york city, lady gaga, new york news, lucy yang
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Hate crime charge in attack on Columbia Univ. professor
- Suspect questioned after body found in container
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Death toll in South Korea ferry tragedy reaches 58
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76 17 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos