New York News
Performers rehearse ahead of Macy's Parade
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The rain couldn't keep the thousands of performers from rehearsing for Thursday's big Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Any other night they'd call it a dry run.
Tuesday night it was a wet and cold practice session outside of Macy's ahead of the big parade.
Its two days until curtain call.
The young and excited were all singing and dancing in the rain.
Half of the groups practiced on Monday, and the other half Tuesday.
All 11 bands, 1,600 cheerleaders, and 8,000 performers will proudly march through the city at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The key here is for performers to know their marks, the cameras to be positioned and all to go as smoothly as possible.
The only variable they can't practice until perfect is the weather.
new york city, macy's, parade, thanksgiving, thanksgiving day parade, new york news, lucy yang
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch 32 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Retired NYPD officer faces charges for allegedly killing wife
- NJ police investigating deadly skydiving accident
- Former boxer Rubin "Hurricane" Carter dies at 76
- Suspect arrested after body found in container
- Flight makes emergency landing with cracked windshield
- Preparations underway for Boston Marathon
- Search underway for missing Queens boy, 11
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
32 min ago