New York News
Performers rehearse ahead of Macy's Parade
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The rain couldn't keep the thousands of performers from rehearsing for Thursday's big Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Any other night they'd call it a dry run.
Tuesday night it was a wet and cold practice session outside of Macy's ahead of the big parade.
Its two days until curtain call.
The young and excited were all singing and dancing in the rain.
Half of the groups practiced on Monday, and the other half Tuesday.
All 11 bands, 1,600 cheerleaders, and 8,000 performers will proudly march through the city at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The key here is for performers to know their marks, the cameras to be positioned and all to go as smoothly as possible.
The only variable they can't practice until perfect is the weather.
new york city, macy's, parade, thanksgiving, thanksgiving day parade, new york news, lucy yang
- JFK baggage handlers charged with theft 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Measles cases confirmed in Manhattan, Bronx 50 min ago
- Mount Vernon responds to racist tweets by Mahopac players 11 min ago
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Arrests in counterfeit health and beauty products case
- Bridget Kelly fights order to give up Bridgegate records
- Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- Lonely Michigan boy gets GMA surprise party
- Virus hijacks your computer till you pay 5 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos