New York News
At least 1 suspect shot by police in Inwood
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Undercover narcotics officers shot at least one suspect who allegedly pointed a gun at them in Inwood Tuesday night.
Authorities say the gunfire erupted when the officers, part of a drug enforcement task force, pulled over a car on Cooper Street near West 204th Street just after 10 p.m.
One of the four men in the car reportedly pulled a weapon and pointed it at the officers, who then opened fire.
At least one of the suspects was struck by the gunfire and taken to Harlem Hospital. Another may have been grazed. Neither sustained a life threatening injury.
In all, four suspects were taken into custody and four weapons were recovered.
The task force was made up of DEA, NYPD and the New York State Police.
new york city, inwood, police shooting, new york news
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week 10 min ago
- AccuWeather: Humid week ahead, with showers
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Suspect in critical condition after NJ police shooting
- Tornadoes slam Midwest; 1 dead in Oklahoma
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- Tipping dispute leads to assault outside LI nightclub 29 min ago
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey 55 min ago
- Florida city anxious to learn Powerball jackpot winner 57 min ago
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Metro North train collision to affect...
10 min ago