New York News
At least 1 suspect shot by police in Inwood
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Undercover narcotics officers shot at least one suspect who allegedly pointed a gun at them in Inwood Tuesday night.
Authorities say the gunfire erupted when the officers, part of a drug enforcement task force, pulled over a car on Cooper Street near West 204th Street just after 10 p.m.
One of the four men in the car reportedly pulled a weapon and pointed it at the officers, who then opened fire.
At least one of the suspects was struck by the gunfire and taken to Harlem Hospital. Another may have been grazed. Neither sustained a life threatening injury.
In all, four suspects were taken into custody and four weapons were recovered.
The task force was made up of DEA, NYPD and the New York State Police.
new york city, inwood, police shooting, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- President Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 16 min ago
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- New Jersey preparing for another dose of snow 45 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes 25 min ago
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide