New York News
Perfect presents at the Grand Central Holiday Fair
NEW YORK (WABC) -- If you're looking for a unique gift or are simply a fan of one stop shopping, head to the Grand Central Holiday Fair.
Connie Breslin and her team have been working hard, narrowing down hundreds of applications from vendors to just 76. They've introduced new booths with big names to the market this year.
"We have institutions this year," Breslin, the fair's merchandising consultant, says. "We have the New York Public Library still celebrating their hundredth, and the Museum of Modern Art on the other side."
One of the vendor booths, Heart Art, showcases delicate hearts made out of Durham's water puddy, saw dust and a dose of NYC tap water.
"People have been collecting them for decades and they love to tell their life stories, so I realize now that they're charm bracelets for the wall," says Wendy Isaacson, the Heart Art vendor.
The creations follow a common theme at the booth, as does the jewelry at Lenora Dame.
"It's handmade in the USA which is really important today," Breslin says. "And if it's made in another country the people that are running the booths and bringing in the merchandise are giving back to the country."
That is the case for the beautiful soap at the Rain booth. All the products were created as part of a job creations program in South Africa.
Art is featured in all its forms at the fair. Djordje Skendzic creates eye-catching photographs by incorporating gold leaf in the developing process.
"I wanted to photograph NYC where you can't tell when the photograph was really taken," Skendzic explains.
At Medera Bonita and Company, you'll find pieces made out of wood from Central America.
And for more personalized artifacts, swing by Bailey Doesn't Bark to create your own message on a mug, and pick one the makes your skin crawl or eyes sparkle.
new york city, grand central station, holiday shopping, holiday season, new york news, kemberly richardson
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 7 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Drugs stashed in hiding places in Manhattan apartments