New York News
2nd boy admits shopping cart push that hurt woman
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 12-year-old boy has admitted that he and a friend pushed a shopping cart off a fourth-floor walkway in New York City in a prank that critically injured a woman.
The boy pleaded guilty Wednesday to assault. His punishment for the Oct. 30 prank could entail 18 months or more in a juvenile facility.
The other boy pleaded guilty last week. He's now 13. Both are being held until court dates next month.
The case drew attention nationwide. An editorial in The Augusta Chronicle in Georgia portrayed it as evidence that "at least one of society's wheels is completely off the rails."
new york city, east harlem, new york news
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday 39 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Video: Icy cold temperatures hit Tri-State area 34 min ago
- Charges expected in fraternity death
- Mega Millions hits $400M jackpot 20 min ago
- Search for hit and run driver in fatal crash
- LIRR, NJT ban booze ahead of Santacon
- Nassau County police commissioner ousted
- Budget vote approved in the House
- Some from Newtown join vigil at National Cathedral
- Sandy victims turn year of loss into season of giving
- Golden Globes nominations announced
- Icy cold temperatures hit Tri-State area
34 min ago
- AccuWeather: More snow Saturday
39 min ago