New York News
2nd boy admits shopping cart push that hurt woman
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 12-year-old boy has admitted that he and a friend pushed a shopping cart off a fourth-floor walkway in New York City in a prank that critically injured a woman.
The boy pleaded guilty Wednesday to assault. His punishment for the Oct. 30 prank could entail 18 months or more in a juvenile facility.
The other boy pleaded guilty last week. He's now 13. Both are being held until court dates next month.
The case drew attention nationwide. An editorial in The Augusta Chronicle in Georgia portrayed it as evidence that "at least one of society's wheels is completely off the rails."
new york city, east harlem, new york news
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: March Roller Coaster
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex assault 7 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze 7 min ago
- Tarrytown Tappan Zee ramp closure begins
- Fed investigators probe Port Authority chairman
- Newtown shooter's father speaks out for 1st time
- Malaysian plane mystery continues
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines missing plane
- Phil Jackson likely taking Knicks job, ESPN reports
- Photos: Brooklyn school bus accident
- Hot beauty trends for spring
- School bus collides with taxi in Brooklyn
8 min ago
- Sketch released of suspect in Hoboken sex...
7 min ago
- Nassau County employees protest wage freeze
7 min ago