New York News
Things heat up a little at Zuccotti Park
NEW YORK -- Police showed up and shouting ensued as about 500 protesters gathered for a Thanksgiving meal at the Occupy Wall Street camp in lower Manhattan.
Things heated up for about 15 minutes on Thursday afternoon when police told drummers at Zuccotti Park to stop playing.
About 200 of the protesters surrounded a group of about 30 officers and began shouting.
A van rolled up with more officers, but they hung back.
The protesters held an impromptu forum, and decided to call off the drumming.
The noisy standoff ended, and the protesters returned to their meal.
new york city, wall street protest, new york news
- Nanny identifies new hero after attempted abduction in Chelsea
- AccuWeather: A Little Cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Man arrested for arson in Water Mill fire
- Dead body found in plastic container in Brooklyn
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
- 2 killed in wreck on Southern State identified
- No hearts stolen on date, only NJ woman's dog, TV
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- Suspect charged in attempted baby abduction
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park