New York News
Man charged with attacking JetBlue attendant
NEW YORK -- A man accused of punching out a JetBlue flight attendant during a drunken tirade on a New York City-bound flight was released Monday on $200,000 bail.
Antonio Ynoa, 22, was arrested early Sunday on federal assault charges. He appeared briefly Monday at a Brooklyn courthouse, where a judge approved a bail deal struck by his lawyer and prosecutors.
Afterward, Ynoa's family members told reporters that he has mood swings because of brain damage caused by a 2005 traffic accident involving a police car in Brooklyn. They also suggested he had been roughed up by an off-duty New York Police Department officer credited with subduing him on JetBlue Flight 832 from the Dominican Republic.
"He's a very calm person," said his brother, Luis Lizardo. But he also described his brother as sometimes being "very hyper."
According to a criminal complaint, the flight was en route to John F. Kennedy International Airport when a flight attendant saw Ynoa "acting erratically and banging on the armrest of his seat."
Other passengers noticed that he was drinking directly from a duty-free bottle of alcohol, authorities said.
During a confrontation, Ynoa punched the flight attendant three times in the face, the complaint alleged. Prosecutors say he also tried to head-butt and bite the attendant before he was restrained.
new york city, jetblue, nypd, new york news
- Man hacked to death in apparent terror attack 31 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day 23 min ago
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Police captain's home hit with firebomb?
- Arrest made in East Village bias attack
- Funeral for Hofstra student accidentally shot by police
- Oklahoma tornado damage toll mounting
- Roosevelt Island Peace Officers accused of abusing power
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a super secret sale 48 min ago
- Jose Canseco investigated for Las Vegas sex assault
- Hats get women ejected from mall 47 min ago
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing With The Stars
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Secret Sales: Brownies, Diamonds and a...
48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Stormy day
23 min ago