New York News
Fire at Copacabana nightclub in Times Square
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A fire broke out in an electrical panel on the second floor of the Copacabana nightclub in Times Square.
The fire started at 9:45 p.m. Tuesday at 268 West 47th Street.
Around 100 people were evacuated because of a smoke condition that developed.
No one was injured.
The club was hosting a dance party featuring Ray de la Paz.
Firefighters quickly got the fire under control, and were working to vent the building.
new york city, times square, fire, new york news
- LI hospital warns of possible blood contamination
- AccuWeather: Stormy changes on the way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Crime down across New York City, except in parks
- Trial begins for New Jersey man accused of killing daughter
- NYC rape-murder cannibal conspiracy trial headed to jury 57 min ago
- Brothers plead guilty in Orthodox Jewish divorce scandal
- New Jersey bank robber caught after forgetting keys 34 min ago
- Elderly jaywalker roughed up during arrest due in court 44 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- No winner: Mega Millions jackpot surges to $353 million
- Happy Birthday! Idea that spawned internet turns 25
- Photos: Huge fire damages San Francisco building
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos