New York News
Fire at Copacabana nightclub in Times Square
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A fire broke out in an electrical panel on the second floor of the Copacabana nightclub in Times Square.
The fire started at 9:45 p.m. Tuesday at 268 West 47th Street.
Around 100 people were evacuated because of a smoke condition that developed.
No one was injured.
The club was hosting a dance party featuring Ray de la Paz.
Firefighters quickly got the fire under control, and were working to vent the building.
new york city, times square, fire, new york news
- 4 injured, including child in Bronx fire
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- City Council passes plastic foam, e-cigarette bills
- Over 75 injured in London theatre roof collapse
- String of carjackings in Elizabeth
- Triple stabbing at Stamford High School
- Human error contributed in delay of Ariel Russo 911 response
- Tax trouble for taxi tycoon?
- Photos: Injuries reported in Clifton, NJ bus accident
- Consumer Reports: Nasty Chicken
- Target: 40 million accounts may be involved in breach
- Target data breach: 7 Things to know
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos