New York News
Man arrested for more than 150 prank 911 calls
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Fire Marshals arrested 30-year-old Jesus Leon Jr. for making more than 150 prank 911 calls to an Inwood couple.
It turns out the suspect lived in the apartment right underneath the victims.
For some reason, authorities say he had an issue with building management and the victims.
Marshals investigated and narrowed their search down to him.
When they went to question him, he admitted doing it.
Leon is charged with numerous counts of falsely reporting an incident and reckless endangerment.
"We're pleased our Fire Marshals have arrested this man who wasted tremendous amounts of city resources, and endangered the lives of first responders and the public," said Chief Fire Marshal Robert Byrnes.
new york city, inwood, new york news
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs 12 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected 36 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Newtown 911 calls released 12 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized 5 min ago
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Metro-North service back 100-percent on Hudson Line 55 min ago
- abcnews: Truck Carrying Radioactive Material Stolen...
- Police arrest 2 in Long Island menorah vandalism
- Man dies paragliding after hitting ice
- Parents plead for help to save boys from rare disease
- Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash, autopsy finds
- Photos: Most Fascinating People of 2013
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
12 min ago
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
5 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Mild, but rain expected
36 min ago