New York News
Car falls from BQE onto street below
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A vehicle involved in an accident on the BQE in Brooklyn fell off an elevated roadway onto the street below.
Police say two vehicles collided near Greenpoint on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway Saturday morning.
It happened just before 8 a.m. on the eastbound side of the BQE near Meeker Avenue and Humboldt Street.
One of the vehicles slammed into the guardrail and flew off the elevated roadway onto the street below.
The driver was a man in his 20s. He was extricated from the vehicle and taken to Bellevue Hospital where he is recovering from multiple injuries.
Sources say he is an off-duty police officer.
No one on the ground was hurt.
The driver of the other vehicle suffered minor burns and was taken to Elmhurst Hospital.
Police are still investigating the cause of the accident.
new york city, brooklyn queens expressway, brooklyn, greenpoint, accident, new york news
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos