New York News
Man fatally struck by school bus in the Bronx
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A pedestrian rushing to catch the bus was fatally struck by a mini school bus in the Riverdale section of the Bronx.
The 57-year-old victim was crossing Mosholu Avenue when he was struck by the school bus, which was traveling southbound on Broadway, just after 6 a.m. Tuesday.
The bus, operated by Reliant Transportation, dragged the man down the street.
He was pronounced dead at the hospital.
The bus driver stopped at the scene and there was no apparent criminality.
No children were on the bus at the time.
new york city, bronx, riverdale, pedestrian struck, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow begins falling in New Jersey 34 min ago
- Is school closed or delayed? Find out fast: Here's how!
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- New York City unveils interactive map of major crimes 46 min ago
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
9 min ago