New York News
Suspect sought in stray bullet shooting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- NYPD is trying to identify a person wanted in connection with shooting that wounded a woman in the Bronx.
It happened just after 8:00 last Friday night (Dec. 2) at East 167 and Westchester Avenue.
Two men were fighting at 967 East 167 Street, the incident caught on tape.
At some point, shots were fired and one of the bullets struck a 20-year-old woman walking with her husband.
She was taken to Lincoln Hospital with a bullet wound to the chest. She was listed in stable condition.
Police are looking for an African-American man, 18-24 years old, approximately 6'3", last seen wearing an orange jacket, blue jeans, green hooded sweatshirt and green and orange hat.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS. You can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, bronx, crime, shooting, caught on tape, surveillance video, new york news
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95 1 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- VIDEO: Obama remembers Mandela
- Reaction to death of Nelson Mandela
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner
- Who is Bill Bratton?
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner
- Search for suspects in subway attack on two women 22 min ago
- Derailment victim, James Ferrari, laid to rest
- Knicks crush Nets 113-83 13 min ago
- Nigella Lawson again denies heavy drug use
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos