New York News
Suspect sought in stray bullet shooting
NEW YORK (WABC) -- NYPD is trying to identify a person wanted in connection with shooting that wounded a woman in the Bronx.
It happened just after 8:00 last Friday night (Dec. 2) at East 167 and Westchester Avenue.
Two men were fighting at 967 East 167 Street, the incident caught on tape.
At some point, shots were fired and one of the bullets struck a 20-year-old woman walking with her husband.
She was taken to Lincoln Hospital with a bullet wound to the chest. She was listed in stable condition.
Police are looking for an African-American man, 18-24 years old, approximately 6'3", last seen wearing an orange jacket, blue jeans, green hooded sweatshirt and green and orange hat.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call the NYPD's Crime Stoppers Hotline at 800-577-TIPS. You can also submit their tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or texting tips to 274637(CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, bronx, crime, shooting, caught on tape, surveillance video, new york news
- 4 people shot in Brooklyn
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Sunday snow storm
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder 55 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Surveillance from East Harlem buildings near explosion
- raw video: New video just after East Harlem Explosion
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Sketches released of suspects wanted in lurings
- Bus driver suffers medical emergency, 2 injured
- ESPN: Phil Jackson signs with Knicks
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing
- Photos: Several vehicles on fire in New Jersey
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
55 min ago