New York News
Parents who abandoned baby in Burger King arrested
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The mother and father of an infant found inside a Burger King in Queens were both arrested for staging the incident, claiming it was actually a child abandonment.
Police say the mother, 27-year-old Kimberly Brundidge, left the infant at the Burger King on Rockaway Boulevard. The father, 20-year-old Wesley Kendall, who works at the Burger King, called 911 claiming the child had been abandoned.
Detectives now believe it was a staged abandonment by the couple.
Kendall and Brundidge are charged with obstructing governmental administration and acting in a manner injurious to a child. Kendall is also charged with false reporting of an incident.
The child is in the custody of the Administration for Children's Services.
The infant, approximately 4 to 6 months old, was left in his seat.
He was taken to Jamaica Hospital, where doctors said he was in good condition.
new york city, jamaica, queens, abandoned child, new york news
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for cause 5 min ago
- Photos: Accuweather maps for possible Monday snow
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Mayor names Kathryn Garcia new head of sanitation
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Photos: Bus hits cars in Brooklyn
- Man, 65, shot to death on street in Clinton Hill
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- LI hospital flooded with phone calls after insulin scare
- Malaysian leader: Plane's system deliberately disabled
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $400 million
- East Harlem debris cleared in search for...
5 min ago