New York News
Parents who abandoned baby in Burger King arrested
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The mother and father of an infant found inside a Burger King in Queens were both arrested for staging the incident, claiming it was actually a child abandonment.
Police say the mother, 27-year-old Kimberly Brundidge, left the infant at the Burger King on Rockaway Boulevard. The father, 20-year-old Wesley Kendall, who works at the Burger King, called 911 claiming the child had been abandoned.
Detectives now believe it was a staged abandonment by the couple.
Kendall and Brundidge are charged with obstructing governmental administration and acting in a manner injurious to a child. Kendall is also charged with false reporting of an incident.
The child is in the custody of the Administration for Children's Services.
The infant, approximately 4 to 6 months old, was left in his seat.
He was taken to Jamaica Hospital, where doctors said he was in good condition.
new york city, jamaica, queens, abandoned child, new york news
- Shot Brooklyn teen speaks out; Man in custody
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Woman tries to grab stroller from nanny in Chelsea
- Robbery suspect in custody after Astoria manhunt
- 12 dead, 3 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Video released in murder of Brooklyn bodega clerk 11 min ago
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 6 min ago
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Police identify suspect in Bronx subway exposure
- Alleged serial bank robber nabbed in Greenwich Village
- Woman charged Thursday with neglect after living in a van with...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos