New York News
Archbishop Dolan shops for the poor
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Archbishop Timothy Dolan took a break from preaching to do some Christmas shopping.
He visited the K-mart at Astor Place to buy clothing for those in need.
It's a Catholic Charities holiday tradition and the archbishop says it's what Christmas spirit is all about.
"For us at Catholic Charities, the poor are not a statistic, they're not a number, they're not a case. They're people. They're people whom we love. They're people made in the image and likeness of God. And this is just a real practical, beautiful, loving, tender way to show that as Christmas approaches," Archbishop Dolan said.
The archbishop also told us he's excited about the Pope's upcoming visit to Cuba and Mexico and if he's invited he'd love to join him.
new york city, east village, cardinal timothy dolan, new york news
- Bill Bratton named next Police Commissioner 32 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air 1 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Who is Bill Bratton? 57 min ago
- Photos: Bill Bratton, next NYPD Police Commissioner 59 min ago
- Carteret freight train derailment closes turnpike ramps 16 min ago
- Alleged assault of Seton Hall student may be captured on video 43 min ago
- Fast food workers demonstrate to demand higher wages
- Springsteen's 'Born to Run' manuscript at NY auction
- Police shoot and kill man with special needs
- Newtown 911 calls released
- Attorney: Train engineer was 'in a daze'
- Photos: Hazmat crews respond to Carteret freight...
- Carteret freight train derailment closes...
16 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Unseasonably Warm Air
1 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos