New York News
NYPD throws party for hundreds of NYC kids
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City Police held a huge holiday party for nearly 1,000 children from across the five boroughs.
The Police Athletic League held the event at its center in Harlem on Saturday.
The party included an inflatable obstacle course, carnival booths and face painting.
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly was also on hand.
He says he was involved in the P.A.L. when he was a boy.
"It's important for young people to be aware of the police department. To see that we support the P.A.L., that there are activities here that can help them grow," Kelly said.
The P.A.L. provides educational and social activities for more than 50,000 boys and girls every year.
new york city, nypd, raymond kelly, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery 45 min ago
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms 42 min ago
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus 20 min ago
- Mom 'steals' car - without even realizing it
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club
- N.J. woman charged with trying to kill her 3 children
- Firefighters rescue 80-year-old man from Bronx fire Wednesday...
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital