New York News
NYPD throws party for hundreds of NYC kids
NEW YORK (WABC) -- New York City Police held a huge holiday party for nearly 1,000 children from across the five boroughs.
The Police Athletic League held the event at its center in Harlem on Saturday.
The party included an inflatable obstacle course, carnival booths and face painting.
Police Commissioner Ray Kelly was also on hand.
He says he was involved in the P.A.L. when he was a boy.
"It's important for young people to be aware of the police department. To see that we support the P.A.L., that there are activities here that can help them grow," Kelly said.
The P.A.L. provides educational and social activities for more than 50,000 boys and girls every year.
new york city, nypd, raymond kelly, new york news
- PATH service resumes after leaning pole cleared 1 min ago
- AccuWeather: Polar Vortex returns for 1 day
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Roof blows off Mount Olive Bed, Bath and Beyond
- Haverstraw condo complex evacuated due to gas leak 48 min ago
- 4 more bodies pulled from rubble in East Harlem 20 min ago
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims 21 min ago
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Major delays on NJ Transit after Newark tanker explosion 17 min ago
- Photos: Newark tanker fire
- Suspect in terrifying Brooklyn sex assault caught on camera
- Surveillance in Upper Manhattan attempted rape
- Alleged drunk driver rams crowd, kills 2 at SXSW in Texas