New York News
Sanitation workers save 5 kids, mom from fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Sanitation workers came to the rescue in Queens Tuesday afternoon after two workers stopped at a burning house in Far Rockaway.
The men encouraged five children to jump from the fire, catching each one.
A woman also jumped and broke her ankle.
No other injuries were reported.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, far rockaway, fire, new york news
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Woman charged in fatal hit-and-run in Stamford 49 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing 59 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos