New York News
Sanitation workers save 5 kids, mom from fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Sanitation workers came to the rescue in Queens Tuesday afternoon after two workers stopped at a burning house in Far Rockaway.
The men encouraged five children to jump from the fire, catching each one.
A woman also jumped and broke her ankle.
No other injuries were reported.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, far rockaway, fire, new york news
- Bible from East Harlem church found in debris
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday 46 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem Explosion: How to Help
- East Harlem community tries to move forward after explosion
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian jet widens 44 min ago
- Toddler survives after tumbling onto subway tracks
- Out of control bus hits cars in Brooklyn; 5 hurt
- Widow of Short Hills mall carjacking victim files suit
- Video: Manhattan clinches first NCAA bid in a decade 29 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for Malaysian...
44 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold Sunday
46 min ago