New York News
Sanitation workers save 5 kids, mom from fire
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Sanitation workers came to the rescue in Queens Tuesday afternoon after two workers stopped at a burning house in Far Rockaway.
The men encouraged five children to jump from the fire, catching each one.
A woman also jumped and broke her ankle.
No other injuries were reported.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, far rockaway, fire, new york news
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms 13 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- WATCH ABC is available to Channel 7 viewers
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver 24 min ago
- Stabbing reported near Times Square 59 min ago
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled 49 min ago
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- 2 dead in double shootingi in NJ doctor's office
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
59 min ago
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
13 min ago
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street...
49 min ago