New York News
Queens teacher accused of sex with student
QUEENS (WABC) -- A New York City public school teacher is under arrest, accused of having a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old female student.
Police say 44-year-old Charles Oross, a teacher at IS 238 in Queens, engaged in sexual contact with the girl while she attended the school.
He and the victim also allegedly had inappropriate email and Facebook exchanges.
District Attorney Richard Brown said that, according to the criminal charges, Oross engaged in sexual activity with a female student in a classroom and in his vehicle, on multiple occasions between January 2009 and April 2010, beginning when the student was 13 years old.
Oross, of East Islip, is charged with rape, criminal sexual act and endangering the welfare of a child.
If convicted, he faces up to four years in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, teacher, teacher arrested, new york news, jeff pegues
- Man claims football players beat him in Soho club 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold 6 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Fire at Red Carpet Inn in Elmwood Park, New Jersey
- Suspect in Boston rice cooker incident sent to psych hospital
- 6 dead, 290 missing in South Korea ferry disaster 3 min ago
- Rare spring snow coats cars, slicks roads
- Photos: Spring snow around New York area
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on "The View"
- Sketch released of suspect in East Village sex assault
- Teen clerk beaten in Astoria deli robbery; $30,000 stolen 6 min ago
- Camera catches Bronx home invaders using victim's card
- College Board provides a glimpse of new SAT
- AccuWeather: Clear and Cold
6 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos