New York News
Queens teacher accused of sex with student
QUEENS (WABC) -- A New York City public school teacher is under arrest, accused of having a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old female student.
Police say 44-year-old Charles Oross, a teacher at IS 238 in Queens, engaged in sexual contact with the girl while she attended the school.
He and the victim also allegedly had inappropriate email and Facebook exchanges.
District Attorney Richard Brown said that, according to the criminal charges, Oross engaged in sexual activity with a female student in a classroom and in his vehicle, on multiple occasions between January 2009 and April 2010, beginning when the student was 13 years old.
Oross, of East Islip, is charged with rape, criminal sexual act and endangering the welfare of a child.
If convicted, he faces up to four years in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, teacher, teacher arrested, new york news, jeff pegues
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- Next City Council Speaker likely Melissa Mark-Viverito
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway