New York News
Queens teacher accused of sex with student
QUEENS (WABC) -- A New York City public school teacher is under arrest, accused of having a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old female student.
Police say 44-year-old Charles Oross, a teacher at IS 238 in Queens, engaged in sexual contact with the girl while she attended the school.
He and the victim also allegedly had inappropriate email and Facebook exchanges.
District Attorney Richard Brown said that, according to the criminal charges, Oross engaged in sexual activity with a female student in a classroom and in his vehicle, on multiple occasions between January 2009 and April 2010, beginning when the student was 13 years old.
Oross, of East Islip, is charged with rape, criminal sexual act and endangering the welfare of a child.
If convicted, he faces up to four years in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, teacher, teacher arrested, new york news, jeff pegues
- Hofstra remembers Andrea Rebello as probe continues
- AccuWeather: More Humid
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Young child fatally shot outside Jersey City home
- Metro North train collision to affect service all week
- Worker injured after forklift swallowed by sinkhole 11 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in deadly Queens bus shooting
- Rally planned after West Village hate crime murder
- 1 dead, 1 rescued when car ends up in Huntington Harbor
- blog: Desiree Hartsock on being 'The Bachelorette'
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Photos from the Billboard Awards
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma