New York News
Queens teacher accused of sex with student
QUEENS (WABC) -- A New York City public school teacher is under arrest, accused of having a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old female student.
Police say 44-year-old Charles Oross, a teacher at IS 238 in Queens, engaged in sexual contact with the girl while she attended the school.
He and the victim also allegedly had inappropriate email and Facebook exchanges.
District Attorney Richard Brown said that, according to the criminal charges, Oross engaged in sexual activity with a female student in a classroom and in his vehicle, on multiple occasions between January 2009 and April 2010, beginning when the student was 13 years old.
Oross, of East Islip, is charged with rape, criminal sexual act and endangering the welfare of a child.
If convicted, he faces up to four years in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, teacher, teacher arrested, new york news, jeff pegues
- 15 injured after car drives through Trader Joe's
- AccuWeather Forecast: Rollercoaster weekend
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Railroad Administration orders Metro-North to use 2 engineers
- Train derail victim's brother speaks out about her death
- Surveillance video released in "Baby Angel" case
- abcnews: North Korea Deports US War Vet Merrill Newman
- South Africans pay tribute to Nelson Mandela
- Mandela's influence felt in New York City
- Photos: Nelson Mandela through the years
- 'Tips for Jesus' man leaves tips worth thousands
- Beltran, Yankees agree at $45M, 3 years
- Secret Sales: Diamonds, pretzels and iPhone cases