New York News
Queens teacher accused of sex with student
QUEENS (WABC) -- A New York City public school teacher is under arrest, accused of having a sexual relationship with a 13-year-old female student.
Police say 44-year-old Charles Oross, a teacher at IS 238 in Queens, engaged in sexual contact with the girl while she attended the school.
He and the victim also allegedly had inappropriate email and Facebook exchanges.
District Attorney Richard Brown said that, according to the criminal charges, Oross engaged in sexual activity with a female student in a classroom and in his vehicle, on multiple occasions between January 2009 and April 2010, beginning when the student was 13 years old.
Oross, of East Islip, is charged with rape, criminal sexual act and endangering the welfare of a child.
If convicted, he faces up to four years in prison.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, teacher, teacher arrested, new york news, jeff pegues
- Police search for missing 11-year old Brooklyn boy 40 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week 9 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 22 min ago
- Cherry Hill Mall parking dispute turns violent
- Squatters flee fire in Paterson; 2 vacant buildings gutted
- Photos: Fire guts 2 vacant Paterson buildings
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- Liam Neeson tours stables amid carriage horse debate
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- Toddler's FaceTime saves mother after dog bite
- Antonio Cromartie released by Jets
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Vietnam says cannot find object from...
22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Changeable Week
9 min ago