New York News
Building still closed after Midtown elevator death
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Midtown Manhattan office building remains closed Monday following a deadly elevator accident.
The building, at 285 Madison Avenue, has been closed since last Wednesday's incident as investigators tried to figure out what happened.
Advertising executive Suzanne Hart, 41, was crushed to death when the car she was entering rose suddenly.
Officials say workers were doing electrical work on the elevator hours before. That electrical work is now the focus of the investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, new york news
- Dozens killed in Oklahoma tornado
- Photos: Tornado damage in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help, Get Help
- Police investiate possible bias attack on Broadway
- NYPD detective accused of hacking, spying on associates
- Ex-priest arrested after working with kids in NJ
- Metro North New Haven Line to be back Wednesday
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One
- blog: Mirror Ball Blog: Dancing with the Stars
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Photos: Most Wanted: Yonkers Police Department