New York News
Building still closed after Midtown elevator death
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A Midtown Manhattan office building remains closed Monday following a deadly elevator accident.
The building, at 285 Madison Avenue, has been closed since last Wednesday's incident as investigators tried to figure out what happened.
Advertising executive Suzanne Hart, 41, was crushed to death when the car she was entering rose suddenly.
Officials say workers were doing electrical work on the elevator hours before. That electrical work is now the focus of the investigation.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, manhattan, new york news
- Teen shot, apparently by brother, in Queens 34 min ago
- AccuWeather: Cold, but milder
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Rescuers continue scouring rubble in East Harlem
- East Harlem explosion: More on the victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- Long Island cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Westchester animal shelter in danger of collapsing 18 min ago
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from SI hotel
- Jersey City fire victims to be laid to rest Friday
- Photos: Pictures from PHL after landing gear collapse
- Vandals dressed up like rock stars go on rampage
- $353 million up for grabs in Mega Millions drawing Friday