New York News
Suspect dead after woman, stepson stabbed
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A postal worker and her stepson were stabbed during a violent domestic dispute in Queens early Tuesday.
Police say the 43-year-old woman was stabbed inside a home on 56th Street in Maspeth just before 6 a.m., allegedly by her ex-boyfriend.
She suffered wounds to the neck and was rushed to Wyckoff Hospital.
Her 22-year-old stepson was stabbed in the back outside the home. He went to Elmhurst Hospital, and his injuries were not considered life threatening.
The woman, who neighbors said was well-liked, was listed in critical condition.
Detectives believe the suspect, a 33 year old man, jumped in front of an LIRR train in Queens immediately following the stabbings.
One man was fatally struck by the LIRR train at 8:33 a.m. this morning near the Fresh Pond freight yard, just blocks from the crime scene.
The body was badly mangled and the medical examiner will have to make a positive identification.
Nobody on the train was injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, maspeth, queens, stabbing, new york news
- Newark bus crash leaves 9 hurt, 1 critically 6 min ago
- AccuWeather: Warmer days ahead
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Secret Service investigating Target data breach
- Young boy shot in foot in the Bronx
- U.S. Attorney defends arrest of Indian diplomat
- Murder-suicide shooting at NJ nail salon
- LI man arraigned in 7 'knockout game' assaults
- Victim in Short Hills Mall shooting laid to rest
- 1 of 2 winners in $636 Mega Millions jackpot comes forward
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- O' Christmas tree, you're alive?! Student scares school
- Photos: Tanker explodes on Sunrise Highway