New York News
Suspect dead after woman, stepson stabbed
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A postal worker and her stepson were stabbed during a violent domestic dispute in Queens early Tuesday.
Police say the 43-year-old woman was stabbed inside a home on 56th Street in Maspeth just before 6 a.m., allegedly by her ex-boyfriend.
She suffered wounds to the neck and was rushed to Wyckoff Hospital.
Her 22-year-old stepson was stabbed in the back outside the home. He went to Elmhurst Hospital, and his injuries were not considered life threatening.
The woman, who neighbors said was well-liked, was listed in critical condition.
Detectives believe the suspect, a 33 year old man, jumped in front of an LIRR train in Queens immediately following the stabbings.
One man was fatally struck by the LIRR train at 8:33 a.m. this morning near the Fresh Pond freight yard, just blocks from the crime scene.
The body was badly mangled and the medical examiner will have to make a positive identification.
Nobody on the train was injured.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, maspeth, queens, stabbing, new york news
- Mike Woodson out as head coach of Knicks 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Seasonable Stretch
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Retired NYPD officer charged in wife's murder
- Brooklyn man dies in skydiving accident in New Jersey
- Far Rockaway fire leaves 2 children dead
- Photos: Deadly fire in Far Rockaway
- Boston Marathon goes off under tight security
- Teen survives flight riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Coney Island double stabbing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Lindsay Lohan admits miscarriage on her reality show
- Photos: Lindsay Lohan in pictures
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos