New York News
Bronx man followed home, murdered in apartment
NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 51-year-old man was fatally shot in his Bronx apartment, apparently by robbers who followed him home from work.
Despite pleading, Kenny Montero could not save his brother-in-law, Anselmo Porras, as he fell to the floor and bled to death from the gunshot to his chest.
It was a violent end to a hardworking life.
Tuesday night, Porras was shot and killed during an attempted robbery in his apartment.
Neighbors heard the violent struggle.
Around midnight, Porras closed up the bodega where he worked on Briggs Avenue.
Police say he was followed by one suspect while the other two lie in wait at his building a few blocks away.
When Porras got to the lobby the suspects demanded money, searching him at gunpoint, after finding none, they took him upstairs to the 6th floor and forced him in.
Montero, who owns the bodega and lived with the victim, called 911, one of the suspects opened fire at point blank range.
Wednesday, detectives were back at the building and police have been reviewing surveillance footage.
While friends mourn the 51-year-old victim, one of Porras's sons had been sleeping in the apartment at the time of the shooting.
The 51-year-old's wife and 10 other children all live in the Dominican Republic where his body will be flown back for burial.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, bronx, shooting, murder, new york news, marcus solis
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash 46 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: Lodi crash injures police officer
- Woman fatally shot in Queens; man in custody
- 4 charged in Elizabeth auto body shop robbery
- Scooter rider fatally shot in South Ozone Park
- Man retrieving item from tracks hit by subway train
- Sparta crash injures woman and 8-year old son
- NYPD policy revised; officers should take stairs in fire
- Animal activists protest outside Liam Neeson's home
- Another delayed GM recall detailed by new documents
- Weekend subway changes affecting 11 lines
- Bergen County officer injured in Lodi crash
46 min ago