New York News
Bone marrow drive held on Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Hundreds on Staten Island donated their time and their DNA, hoping to give the gift of life to a mother battling cancer.
46-year-old Julie Spicer is fighting Burkitt's Lymphoma and is in desperate need of a bone marrow transplant.
Spicer lives in New Hampshire, but her family in Staten Island organized an event at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bloomfield, for people to come forward and see if they were a match.
The event got a boost from Renee Graziano, one of the stars of the reality show "Mob Wives".
She signed autographs for potential donors.
Julie Spicer's family hopes to find a match by Christmas Day.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, bone marrow, new york news
- Autistic boy missing in Brooklyn
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly 51 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 2 dead after wreck on Southern State
- Suspect in custody in attempted baby abduction
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Autopsies completed on 7 Utah babies
- Student suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Judge threatens to duct tape defendant's mouth in murder trial
- No graduation selfies at Rhode Island college
- New York-bound bus in wreck in Maryland
- Employees terrorized; car parts stolen in Elizabeth store 56 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen 54 min ago
- Suspect charged in shooting of Brooklyn teen
54 min ago
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
51 min ago