New York News
Bone marrow drive held on Staten Island
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Hundreds on Staten Island donated their time and their DNA, hoping to give the gift of life to a mother battling cancer.
46-year-old Julie Spicer is fighting Burkitt's Lymphoma and is in desperate need of a bone marrow transplant.
Spicer lives in New Hampshire, but her family in Staten Island organized an event at the Hilton Garden Inn in Bloomfield, for people to come forward and see if they were a match.
The event got a boost from Renee Graziano, one of the stars of the reality show "Mob Wives".
She signed autographs for potential donors.
Julie Spicer's family hopes to find a match by Christmas Day.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, bone marrow, new york news
- Winter Weather Advisory 26 min ago
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- President Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 54 min ago
- 'Snow Alert' issued for New York City
- New Jersey getting hit with another dose of snow 3 min ago
- LIRR preparing for snow, ice
- Photos: AccuWeather Forecast in pictures
- Woman beaten up, robbed on Harlem subway platform
- Port Authority relocating owls that are threat to planes
- Man shot to death in Valley Stream
- Homeless shelter charity and giving tips
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Winter Weather Advisory
26 min ago