New York News
Man accused of torching woman charged with murder
PROSPECT HEIGHTS -- A New York City man accused in the torching death of a 73-year-old woman in an elevator has been charged with murder.
Jerome Isaac was indicted Friday in Brooklyn on a charge of first-degree murder.
Isaac was arrested Sunday on charges he killed Deloris Gillespie by dousing her with gas and setting her on fire in an elevator in a dispute over money. A security camera captured the horrific scene that left Isaac's face badly burned.
Isaac's attorney asked a judge earlier this week to order medical treatment for his client. But the lawyer didn't comment on the case.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
elevator torching murder, jerome isaac, deloris gillespie, new york city, park slope, brooklyn, new york news
- Brooklyn fire leaves 2 children critically hurt 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Snow For Some
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- East Harlem investigation focuses on basement
- Church services to remember East Harlem victims
- Photos: East Harlem explosion
- 2 shot after fight at Garden City nightclub
- Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai wins 2014 NYC Half
- Photos: 2014 NYC Half Marathon
- NJ man dies in Long Island Sound canoe accident
- March Madness-style bracket rates high school girls
- Final words from Malaysia jet came after systems shutdown
- Up Close with Diana Williams
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos