New York News
Police impersonator sought in sexual assault, robbery
FLUSHING (WABC) -- NYPD is looking for the individuals who impersonated a police officer and suspects in a case that ended with a sexual assault and robbery.
The crime happened about a month ago, on the night of Sunday, November 20, 2011 at 10:30, in Flushing, Queens.
According to investigators, the victim was posting flyers when she was approached by four individuals in a burgundy colored van or SUV.
One of them told her that it was illegal to post flyers and asked for the victim's identification. After the man displayed a business card with a police logo, she said she did not have her id with her.
The suspect had the victim enter his vehicle and drove her to her residence.
In the back seat, another man and a woman, who the suspect identified as being under arrest, were also in the back seat.
The suspect then accompanied the victim to her apartment where she produced her identification. After taking it, police say the suspect forced her to disrobe, sexually assaulted the victim and exposed himself to her.
The victim eventually escaped to a neighbor's apartment.
The suspect then fled the location with the victim's laptop and house keys.
Anyone with information regarding this incident or the identity and whereabouts of the suspects is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477). You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers website at WWW.NYPDCRIMESTOPPERS.COM or by texting tips to 273637 (CRIMES) then enter TIP577.
new york city, flushing, queens, sex crime, sexual assault, robbery, police impersonation, new york news, josh einiger
- Stolen passports deepen missing plane mystery
- AccuWeather: Cooler Sunday
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Police investigating double shooting in Brooklyn
- Grandfather killed in Long Island City hit and run
- Mayor de Blasio continues to rally for universal Pre-K
- Noise complaint turns into Queens drug bust
- Elderly man attacked at Port Authority
- LI man accused of killing uncle, burying him in backyard
- Proposed teacher layoffs in Newark set off dispute
- Spring forward: Time to set the clocks ahead
- Matt Harvey aims for 2014 return to Mets
- Melo scores 26, Knicks beat Cavs 107-97