New York News
New officers get first depoyment in Times Square
NEW YORK (WABC) -- Crowd control in Times Square on New Year's Eve is the dubious first assignment for 1,500 newly appointed NYPD officers.
The rookies graduated from the police academy just two weeks ago.
Times Square will be their first major deployment, and no doubt a test of their patience and people skills.
They will be part of a massive security force on duty in Times Square Saturday.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, nypd, times square, new year's eve, new york news
- Authorities: Hofstra student killed by police
- AccuWeather: Showers Show Up
- Eyewitness News Live
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- 1 winning ticket sold for record Powerball jackpot 26 min ago
- Teen fatally shot on Queens bus
- U.S. Air plane makes belly landing at Newark Airport
- Vito Lopez says he will resign effective Monday
- Official: Broken rail eyed in Metro North crash
- Police say fatal Greenwich Village shooting a hate crime
- Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Pacers knock out Knicks with win in Game 6
- Photos: Belly landing at Newark Airport
- Photos: Metro North trains collide in Connecticut
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos