New York News
Deadly hit and run in Brooklyn
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- Police are looking for a hit and run driver who left a man dead in Brooklyn early New Year's morning.
The accident happened just before 2:00 in the morning on Rockaway Parkway in East Flatbush.
Investigators said the victim, 34-year-old John Cook, was crossing the roadway near the intersection of Rutland Road when a blue Nissan Maxima, traveling northbound, struck him.
The vehicle kept going, police said.
Cook was taken to Brookdale Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
No further information about the wanted vehicle was immediately available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, hit and run accident, new york news
- AccuWeather Forecast: Wintry Mix On The Way
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- iWitness Photos and Videos
- Snow alert issued for New York City
- Yaphank church badly damaged by fire
- Firefighters battle Washington Heights building fire
- Suspect charged with assaulting cop with cane
- Potential major advancement made in fight against leukemia
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Video: Phil Lipof says goodbye to Eyewitness News
- Up Close with Diana Williams
- Tiempo on WABC-TV
- Here and Now