New York News
Deadly hit and run in Brooklyn
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- Police are looking for a hit and run driver who left a man dead in Brooklyn early New Year's morning.
The accident happened just before 2:00 in the morning on Rockaway Parkway in East Flatbush.
Investigators said the victim, 34-year-old John Cook, was crossing the roadway near the intersection of Rutland Road when a blue Nissan Maxima, traveling northbound, struck him.
The vehicle kept going, police said.
Cook was taken to Brookdale Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
No further information about the wanted vehicle was immediately available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, hit and run accident, new york news
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
- Sketch released in Upper East Side jewelry robbery
- NYC mayor to announce Sandy recovery reforms
- Man arrested in Queens anti-Muslim harassment on bus
- Pair robs 4 Brooklyn banks in 2-hour span
- Queens serial robber caught on surveillance camera 55 min ago
- Man caught on camera using cloned ATM card 42 min ago
- BridgeGate panel could call Gov. Chris Christie to testify 26 min ago
- New York political leader Basil Paterson dies at 87 14 min ago
- Photos: Famous deaths in 2014 14 min ago