New York News
Deadly hit and run in Brooklyn
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- Police are looking for a hit and run driver who left a man dead in Brooklyn early New Year's morning.
The accident happened just before 2:00 in the morning on Rockaway Parkway in East Flatbush.
Investigators said the victim, 34-year-old John Cook, was crossing the roadway near the intersection of Rutland Road when a blue Nissan Maxima, traveling northbound, struck him.
The vehicle kept going, police said.
Cook was taken to Brookdale Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
No further information about the wanted vehicle was immediately available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, hit and run accident, new york news
- 2-year-old boy survives 3-story window fall
- AccuWeather: Windy and cooler
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ shopping center 13 min ago
- Photos: Garfield police shooting scene in photos 12 min ago
- Video shows burglar cashing in lotto tickets in Queens
- Long Island school bus driver accused of selling heroin 3 min ago
- New clue in search for Brooklyn carjacking suspect
- Attempted luring incident reported in West Nyack
- Suspect in Myls Dobson murder due in court
- New York City pre-K signups end on Wednesday 1 min ago
- Hoax sends SWAT teams rushing to Long Beach house
- 13-year-old shooting victim released from hospital
- 3 suspects arrested, cop shot at NJ...
13 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos