New York News
Deadly hit and run in Brooklyn
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- Police are looking for a hit and run driver who left a man dead in Brooklyn early New Year's morning.
The accident happened just before 2:00 in the morning on Rockaway Parkway in East Flatbush.
Investigators said the victim, 34-year-old John Cook, was crossing the roadway near the intersection of Rutland Road when a blue Nissan Maxima, traveling northbound, struck him.
The vehicle kept going, police said.
Cook was taken to Brookdale Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
No further information about the wanted vehicle was immediately available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, hit and run accident, new york news
- Worker trapped in waist-deep mud in Queens trench 11 min ago
- weather: AccuTrack Interactive Radar
- AccuWeather Forecast: Thunderstorms
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Arrest in deadly stabbing of livery cab driver
- Stabbing reported near Times Square 15 min ago
- NSA director says plot against Wall Street foiled
- FBI releases new footage in Times Square bomb
- LIRR cancels 21 trains for evening rush
- Body found in lake where Conn. photographer went missing 33 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall Jeeps at risk of fire
- Leonia firehouse shut in wake of sex assault
- Photos: Hong Kong-Newark Plane disturbance
- Photos: Miss Connecticut crowned Miss USA
- Stabbing reported near Times Square
15 min ago