New York News
Deadly hit and run in Brooklyn
EAST FLATBUSH (WABC) -- Police are looking for a hit and run driver who left a man dead in Brooklyn early New Year's morning.
The accident happened just before 2:00 in the morning on Rockaway Parkway in East Flatbush.
Investigators said the victim, 34-year-old John Cook, was crossing the roadway near the intersection of Rutland Road when a blue Nissan Maxima, traveling northbound, struck him.
The vehicle kept going, police said.
Cook was taken to Brookdale Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
No further information about the wanted vehicle was immediately available.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, hit and run accident, new york news
- Victim in possible NYC 'knockout game' attack speaks out
- AccuWeather: Milder, maybe a shower
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- Get WATCH ABC for your mobile device
- Wallington firefighter killed in blaze to be laid to rest
- Demolition underway after NJ fire; Questions linger
- Photos: Jersey City row home fire
- Sketch released of suspect in Queens attempted luring
- Baby critical after DWI firefighter hits pregnant woman
- Man stiffs livery cab driver, punches him in the face
- Obama's warnings brushed aside by Russia's Vladimir Putin
- Lehigh Valley Dairy recalls orange juice over milk concerns
- $270 million up for grabs in Friday Mega Millions drawing
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos