New York News
Man charged in deadly L.I.E. accident
NEW YORK (WABC) -- The Long Island Expressway is open again Sunday night after a deadly accident near Maspeth, Queens.
Investigators say one car crashed into another near Maurice Avenue at around 5 a.m.
One person was killed and the driver of the other car is under arrest.
Several lanes, both east and westbound, were closed for part of the morning as police investigated.
Alexis Morillo, 28, of Queens has been charged with manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, DWI and reckless driving.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, long island expressway, maspeth, queens, accident, new york news
- Person of interest in custody in Flatbush shooting
- AccuWeather: Clear and chilly
- Live: Eyewitness News on 7online streamed live!
- DISH Network signs on for WATCH ABC app
- Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant
- NY cabbie accused of not paying $28,000 in tolls
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Police investigating East Harlem hit and run
- 8 mumps cases at Stevens Institute in Hoboken
- Cuomo announces deal between MTA and Union
- Bodega worker fatally shot in Brooklyn
- Blind marathoner will run to raise money for guide dog
- Hundreds still missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: South Korea ferry disaster
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos